Tuesday 29 May 2012

Moving Along...

While I was thinking over how to organize the collision detection last night, I remembered the spatial hash grid I had been using for my school projects and then remembered Octrees! I've never done them before so first I will read up on them in a book I have (the octree section being one I haven't reached yet), and then implement it and see how it runs.

At the same time I've been following tutorials on making a Hack 'n Slash using Unity:(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYqzz1dy3Ak&feature=BFa&list=PLE5C2870574BF4B06).
So far some basics about game components have been done, a decent amount of scripting and GUI design and now integration of a 3D model with animations has come up. I've decided to take a small break from the tutorials and learn how to make a simple model and animations using Blender. I don't want to make anything super fancy because I want to get back to the tutorials A.S.A.P., so I will make a simple humanoid character with a basic walk, idle and attack animation. If I struggle too much with that I will simply make some kind of vehicle that will hover around and shoot (bare minimum in terms of animation).

No comments:

Post a Comment