Tuesday 1 May 2012

Second Developer Movement Game Completed!

I just finished submitting my second developer movement game on the Windows Phone 7 MarketPlace!! This one is called "Keep Running!" The game is basically a side scrolling platformer where the player's position is fixed and the world comes at her/him. The player must avoid obstacles that come in from the right side of the screen, while trying to grab coins and purses to maximize their score. The levels are generated using predetermined "segments" that get loaded in piece by piece.

Now that both of my submissions are completed, I can start working on perfecting them to what I have in mind. Slime Jumper will have more items, special power-ups and maybe a few other things. Keep Running will have a more dynamic collision response system where the player can trip over obstacles (slowing them down but not dying), a more dynamic level creation procedure so that each player is different from the last, and maybe some power-ups as well.

So that's all for today! Both games are submitted! Yay!! Oh and I can't forget to complete my 3D Tunnel Flyer game that has caused me a few headaches. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment