Saturday 5 May 2012

Tunnel Flyer Revisited

Yesterday I went back to my old Tunnel Flyer game that I had been having problems with. I've decided that I will change the game so that I may proceed along with development rather then be stuck surfing the internet trying to figure out how to properly export .fbx models that have holes in them.

So the way the game is going to play NOW is basically you control a flying vessel and you have to navigate your way through tunnels of various types. Control of the ship is done using the accelerometer and there will be a brake and a boost button on either side of the screen. The tunnels will be complex enough having twists and turns, going up and down and likely to have obstacles floating around in them. I've chosen this idea because I can learn more technical skills rather than how to properly use a 3D modelling program. Those techniques I will need to learn are proper 3D flight controls, some kind of mesh collision and I'm hoping to have a choice of level designs. The levels either being from a preset list with varying ranges of difficulty, or a tunnel that is generated on the fly, making it different each time its played. The latter being the more difficult one.

No comments:

Post a Comment